The Greek Philological Society in Constantinople
Keywords:Greek history, Greece
AbstractCharanis speaks about the importance of the periodical published by the Greek Philological Society of Constantinople (Hellenikos Philologikos Syllogos Konstantinowpoleos), established in 1861 which, in time became the principal intellectual and educational force among the Greeks—and they numbered millions—living in the Ottoman empire. Tt was published in thirty-three volumes until 1922.
Copyright for articles published in this journal is retained by the authors, with first publication rights granted to the journal. By virtue of their appearance in this open access journal, articles are free to use, with proper attribution, in educational and other non-commercial settings. The author has agreed to the journal author's agreement.
As of Vol 50, No 2 (1988), all articles in this journal are licensed under aCreative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-NoDerivs 4.0 United States License